All The World's a Stage
Thursday, March 09, 2006
"Oh I wish" from the Emerald Isle
Oh, how I wish I could be a part of the reunion, but alas, I am in IRELAND! It's been a wonderful trip thus far, and by wonderful, I mean I've had 24 pints of Guinness since we've been here. This trip is going to kill the old bank account, but I think walking along misty, rainbow-topped lakes and riding Irish Draft horses along the beach of the Atlantic is worth the price, no? Yes, I have forsaken McGee, my Spring Break horse, for Fionn, the biggest f'ing horse I've ever seen, who shall soon be gracing my Facebook profile with what my friends called my "Mr Darcy" outfit.
Sterling, I hope the phone call wasn't too disturbing. Happy Birthday again, bro.
And you guys cheer your damn hearts out for the lovely Hanley Smith. And if it's not too much to ask...bring a paper Ian? I love you all and now I must go to bed for tomorrow we take a ferry to an 8-mile long island called Inishmore for...boredom...and thus pubs!!!
Ian (happily abroad)
Hello Lovely People!
I AM SO EXCITED I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO! WHEN I READ MEGHAN'S E-MAIL, I LITERALLY STARTED SCREAMING AND JUMPING UP AND DOWN AROUND THE ROOM.
Okay, calming down now. YOU GUYS ARE SO AWESOME! I can't WAIT to see you and give you big, running, flying, leaping hugs! ;-)
Okay, here is what I know!
1) We're playing at the Polo Fields in Cumming. They are about 20 minutes north of my house, so pretty darn far north of the city (maybe an hour). For mapquest directions, use 6050 Majors Road, Cumming, GA.
2) If you want the low-down, the website is http://afdc.com/terminus/. The games are an hour and a half long with a five minute break in between, and the first one is at 9am. We usually play 4 or 5 games with one first-round by.
3) Some of the teams in our pool (which might put some of you in a picke). I think we're definitely playing UGA. Dum dum dum:
4) My team is rated 19th in the nation (pretty darn good) but the guys are 5TH! So, if you get bored or want to watch some real amazing frisbee, you can watch them, too!
5) Or you can just hang out together and have a blast. That's what this is all about right?
6) I'm arriving on Friday, but I'm not sure when and I think I'll need to be with my daddy since he's leaving town Saturday morning. But I'll be around all day Saturday! We leave around 3 on Sunday.
YAAAAAAAYYY!!! This is so excited! How awesome are you guys? And what a great impromtu reunion. Call me or e-mail me if you have any questions or if just want to CHAT!
Much love and radiant enthusiasm,
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Not to be negative (i'm not) but 10:30 is way too early for a hungover college student (me) to be out in the sun. Especially without a drink (i will have a cooler if anyone else of age *or not* wishes to join, they are more than welcome, and especially for the newbie who did not get to celebrate on his actual birthday). Maybe shoot for 11:30-12?? Also, I think the polo fields may be the ones in Canton. They're the only polo fields I know of. But I'm sure Hanley will get back to us on that. Again, not being negative on plans cause I can't wait.
ps I hate midterms. I love not having midterms. Having midterms makes me grumpy. Lets get drunk on a field watching other people chase flying circles and maybe throwing a few ourselves. This will supplant a beach in my mind. Word to your mothers. Again.
ok so the tournament is saturday and sunday (not friday and saturday) and is almost definitely at the Polo Fields (I'm not sure where that is). They start around 8:00-9:00 and last till 4:00-5:00. I say we all plan to be there by say... 10:30-11:00 Saturday morning, bring picnic lunches and play with eachother all day long. If we bring body paint (Kate, do you have any?), frisbees, poster supplies (anyone wanna volunteer?), cameras and what not we can gear up there.
I'm sorry this is all very vauge, but Hanley says she will let me know the specifics as soon as she knows them herself.
Oh, and does anyone have a better plan than this? I'm totally workin' on the fly here. Also, Hanley will be coming in town friday night, do you guys want to get together then also, or just do stuff afterward on Saturday? if so, what do you want to do?
I can't believe so many of us are coming in town, this is SOO awesome!! Lets keep eachother posted so we can do as many fun things as humanly possible in one weekend :)
Monday, March 06, 2006
I'm all about paint'n up.... CAUSE I GOT A TAN FROM THE CARRIBEAN!!!!!! Hehe, sorry thought I'd throw that out there. Um, also add Ms. Starla to the crew. I think it is officially a reunion. As for plan of action... When is she playing?
Sunday, March 05, 2006
WOOOWAAAAHHH THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!!
And as for Joe and his negativity... you best be watchin' yo mouth boy because I'll be there and I believe I owe you a rat tail slap on the butt!
ok, we need to get a plan of action together here; where and when to meet etc. Oh, and I think we should make "we <3 Hanley" posters and other such paraphanalia with which to be obnoxious and embarrassing, ie noise makers, confetti, I'm talking an all out new years celebration here. I'm even willing to make t-shirts or paint our bodies. Let me know what you think ;) !
Can't wait till this weekend!!!!
See ya'll goof balls next weekend! Looks like Joe will be too :). Yay for random weekend reunion!
Just For the Record
The couples rendevousing at Tech where the guys go plus Sterling is not a reunion. Now if Kate comes down like she's talking about and I'm home for the first weekend of my spring break, you have a better chance of calling it a reunion. Plus Hanley of course. And I probably will be. Word to your mothers.
Thursday, March 02, 2006
Holy Jumpin' Jehosephats!
Guys, have you checked this link out?!?! This is AMAZING! I want to send it directly to our legislature!
Anyway, I guess if I'm going to post you guys deserve the update. Firstly, I am proud to report on our behalf that the A-kids grape vine is up and running like kids in a candy store. I mean really, we're almost like Erik's mom on the phone these days! (and I know you all know what that means ;p) I for one am thoroughly enjoying it. Thanks to all of you with whom I've had lively and memorable conversations with in the last week or so.
To all of those I haven't talked to yet: if you can come to ATL next weekend (Saturday the 11th) DO IT!!!! We're having what's turning into quite the A-kids reunion. So far Ali, myself, Seth, Chris and Sterling are all getting together to go watch ... ... ... HANLEY'S ultimate frisbee turnament! (For those of you who haven't caught on yet, that means Hanley WILL be there. It's a requirement. We're guaranteed to spot her. how many other ways can I say this?) So, that being said, COME PLAY WITH US! I know some of you aren't gonna be here this summer, come "reun" (from the latin root word 'reunion') with us and enjoy great friends and great times before real life sucks your soul away. :)
Anyway, I realize that wasn't much of an update. But it's all you're gonna get right now. It's beautiful outside and I need to get ready for Katie, who's coming to visit all weekend, yippee!!
Oh, and by the way, I motion a second time to renew comments on this blog. We have much more interaction when people can comment. Anyone know how?
Ok, I love you guys. For real I do and I'm not just being sappy and rambling (even though I am currently doing both) I miss having you guys around. You've set a high standard of friendship that's difficult to compete with down here in Alabama at least :)
Tuesday, February 28, 2006
I would send this to all of you, but this is such a better way...
I am sure this should get a rise out of all of us who have ever gotten a speeding ticket on the highway
Saturday, February 25, 2006
What I Learned this Weekend:
1. Do not go visit one night hookups at other schools. It's a bad idea. Especially when she's PMSing and neglected to inform you. It's a bad idea and will bring you down.
2. There are some fucked up people in this world.
3. It is a bad idea to get high...and break into an abandoned insane asylum. It's hella crazy/scary and there are cops everywhere, cause they know that's what high/drunk kids want to do.
4. Everclear slushies are a bad idea as well. Period. I would like the 5 hours (at least) that I don't remember back. Especially considering what I was doing.
5. The best laid plans of mice and men gang aft aglee. There's no such thing as a sure thing. I guess the powers that be felt i needed to be reminded of that.
That about sums up my weekend. It was a long one. With no sleep.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life"